Seminar / Firmentraining
This course is for IT professionals who need to administer Windows Server 2016 networks securely. These professionals typically work with networks that are configured as Windows Server domain-based environments, with managed access to the Internet and cloud services.
Students who seek certification in the 70-744 Securing Windows server exam also will benefit from this course.
Students should have at least two years of experience in the IT field and should have:
- Completed courses Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016 (MOC 20740), Networking with Windows Server 2016 (MOC 20741), and Identity with Windows Server 2016 (MOC 20742), or the equivalent.
- A solid, practical understanding of networking fundamentals, including TCP/IP, User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Domain Name System (DNS).
- A solid, practical understanding of Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles.
- A solid, practical understanding of Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization fundamentals.
- An understanding of Windows Server security principles.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Secure Windows Server.
- Secure application development and a server workload infrastructure.
- Manage security baselines.
- Configure and manage just enough and just-in-time (JIT) administration.
- Manage data security.
- Configure Windows Firewall and a software-defined distributed firewall.
- Secure network traffic.
- Secure your virtualization infrastructure.
- Manage malware and threats.
- Configure advanced auditing.
- Manage software updates.
- Manage threats by using Advanced Threat Analytics (ATA) and Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS).
- Breach detection and using the Sysinternals tools
- Protecting credentials and privileged access
- Limiting administrator rights with Just Enough Administration
- Privileged Access Management and administrative forests
- Mitigating malware and threats
- Analysing activity by using advanced auditing and log analytics
- Analysing activity with Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics feature and Operations Management Suite
- Securing your virtualization an infrastructure
- Securing application development and server-workload infrastructure
- Limiting access to file and folders
- Using firewalls to control network traffic flow
- Securing network traffic
- Updating Windows Server